Resources for Transgender Issues
We understand that there is a lot of information on the internet, but not all of it is helpful. The following links are suggested sites to start your search for the information you need.
We do not endorse these sites.
The Trevor Project
24/7 Suicide and Crisis Prevention Helpline
GLBT National Help Line
24/7 Youth Helpline
- Family Acceptance Project
This site provides research-based evidenced to promote healthy environments for LGBT youths and children.
- Gender Spectrum Education and Training
This site provides information to help create gender-sensitive and inclusive environments.
- Matthew’s Place
This site provides a lot of information about LGBTQ news, politics, health, and more. medium.com/matthews-place
- Lambda Legal
This site provides information about legal protections available in each state.
- Trans Youth Family Allies
This site provides access to a support system for transgender youths.
Legal / Educational / Professional Resources
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Transgender Law Center
- GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network) National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Safe Schools Coalition
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Human Rights Watch: Hatred in the Hallways Policy and Practices of Schools
- Consortium of higher education LGBT resource professionals
- The Point Foundation
- Ten things transgender persons should discuss with their health care provider
- NYU’s Health brochure for Transgender Kids